Read this before applying
Who may apply for our accommodations?
- Everyone seeking for admission to any education recognized by the State Educational Grant and Loan Scheme Agency as entitled for support.
- Everyone seeking or everyone who has obtained an apprenticeship.
- In case where applicants apply for a multiple room accommodation, only one of the applicants have to be under education.
Types of accommodations.
- Rooms with shared kitchens and 1-room accommodations may only be occupied by one person.
- 1 1/2-room accommodation may be occupied by/applied for by individual persons, couples or single parents with one child
- Multiple-room accommodations may be occupied by/applied for by couples or single parents with children.
What are the chances of obtaining an accommodation?
- Submit your application as soon as possible (preferably 1 year before expected date of commencement of education).
- Apply for all types of accommodations.
- Fill in a date of occupation 2 months prior to the date of commencement of education.
- Applicants living outside of the Sønderborg area are considered before applicants already living in the area.
Please notice the following:
- If the application is filled out insufficiently, incorrectly or incompletely, it will be cancelled.
- The correctness of the information is statutory declared.
- The Recommendation Committee reserve the right to check the information stated on the application form
- If the applicant is under the age of 18 years, a parent's/guardian's signature is required. (Is forwarded separately).
The processing of the applications
- When the application is received, it is processed according to specified recommendation criteria:
The applicant's current address, education start and desired move-in date
The granting of accommodations
- Internal applicants have highest priority for vacant accommodations
- Afterwards vacant accommodations are offered to applicants with more than 40 km to their place of education
- At last, vacant accommodations are offered to other applicants
- Accommodation offers must be acknowledged within 3 days of receipt. Otherwise, the accommodation will be offered to another applicant.
- Upon receipt of the acknowledgement, the tenancy contract and a paying-in form covering the deposit and the first month's rent is forwarded.